Monday, June 18, 2012

Moved to Thailand -- Internet!?

Greetings fellow programmers and computer people!

I have recently moved to Thailand and found a new place to stay, now only thing remaining before I can start churning out one line of code after another and sharing it with the wider world outside my MacBook (x2) and MacBook Pro is getting the wire to the outside world -- yes, I am talking about Internet!

My apartment has free wireless for its residents but the speed is terrible, now I am trying to get a line of my own -- easier said than done -- in fact the problem is finding a good source of information, there are many many websites, unfortunately all in Thai.

So, now being the the helpful kind I am  (yeah right!!!), I am sharing unofficial Google Translation translated versions of pages that I found helpful, also included are the URLs of the pages and the Thai versions as they appear on these pages.

Please note that I take no responsibility for the text underneath, I have simply copy pasted the Thai version and the version translated by Google Translation (Link to translation), page version as of 19 June 2012, 09:45 local Thai time.


Mi-Fi (from TrueCorp)

Specifications:
  •  
  • - รองรับการแชร์อินเตอร์เน็ตแบบ Wi-Fi,
      เข้าใช้งานได้พร้อมกัน 5 เครื่อง
  • - รองรับเครือข่าย 3G/HSPDA คลื่นความถี่
      850/1900/2100 MHz
  • - รองรับความเร็วสูงสุด 7.2 Mbps
      (Download) และ 5.7 Mbps (Upload)
  • - หน้าจอแสดงผล OLED แบตเตอรี่
      1500 mA, ใช้งานได้นาน 4 ชม.


- Support for shared Internet access Wi-Fi,. Access 5 computers at once. 
- Support for network 3G/HSPDA spectrum. 850/1900/2100 MHz.
- Supports a maximum speed of 7.2 Mbps. (Download) and 5.7 Mbps (Upload). 
- OLED screen displays the battery. 1500 mA, up to 4 hour

No comments: